Marketing Manager, Hachette Books
The Hachette Books and Hachette Go imprints of Hachette Book Group are seeking a Marketing Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, this individual will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing campaigns for a variety of non-fiction titles, from music to cooking and history to politics. The position will need to adapt to a continually evolving environment, help drive continuous improvement and thrive in a results-oriented workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on title-specific marketing each season to develop and implement campaigns and ensure that author and publisher objectives are met.
- Work with key stakeholders (author, agent, editorial, sales, and publicity) during the planning phase to ensure there are cohesive, strategic, and creative marketing efforts made for each title.
- Communicate thoughtful marketing, advertising, and sales updates and analyses leading up to, during, and after publication.
- Facilitate collaborate on imprint focused branding, including social media, direct-to-consumer email campaigns and advertising.
- Facilitate marketing partnerships with a wide range of brands, e.g. entertainment, technology, lifestyle, and non-profit companies.
- Work with Senior Director on ebook promotional strategy for the frontlist and backlist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five years of progressive marketing experience with relevant experience in non-fiction categories including cooking, history, current affairs, and more.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop/InDesign experience is a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress, social media advertising, Google AdWords a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.