Plant Quality Engineer
Do you want to be Autocar’s Plant Quality engineer?
Are you comfortable managing difficult situations? Are you willing to always speak your mind? Are you strong enough to lead, execute, and stay focused while balancing competing priorities?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses which lead their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
As a quality engineer at Autocar, you will lead how we manage production issues, find creative solutions, and gather and report information internally and externally. Manage an assigned Truck system for Supplier, Production, and New Product Development to ensure the integrity of the systems and delivered quality to the end user. Also, drive analytics and systemic actions ensuring Quality processes are implemented in Autocar operations. You will also support engineering and launch teams in design reviews and product releases, and you will be exposed to the top management to report metrics and performance data.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
- Support Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), maintenance of standards, production quality, material review board, field service and compliance investigations.
- Support Engineering Change Control reviews and approvals and review of testing reports.
- Utilize Autocar’s Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) and internal Corrective Action Request (CAR) processes as required.
- Lead FMEA actions on key development projects.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Autocar products and sub-systems.
- Achieve annually assigned organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ability to recover cost of NCM from suppliers.
- Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
- Support Engineering Change Control reviews and approvals.
- Develop cross-functional control plans to support first time quality (FTQ) @ 90%.
- Drive activity for 50% improvement of as-built quality year over year.
- Manage rework utilizing internal or external support and resources or sub-contractors.
- Obtain track and manage Return of Goods Authorizations (RGA) from suppliers.
What We Are Looking For
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
- Ability to successfully engage and manage supplier quality processes.
- Ability to perform containment of non-conforming material (NCM).
- Ability to organize the NCM area and maintain 5S.
- Use of precision measurement tools to perform dimensional checks/test/evaluate NCM.
- Skills to document deviations from standards to be used in corrective action activities.
- Ability to make material dispositions for rework/scrap/re-use status.
- PPAP and First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) review and approval.
- Analytical excellence with ability to solve problems with a systematic, sequential approach.
- Honest to do what is right, not politically expedient.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or five years quality engineer experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Minitab or equivalent to develop process capability studies and Weibull analysis.
- Process driven, technically oriented self-starter.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence without direct authority
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality management systems, quality tools and production processes
- Proficient with MS Office products to create presentations and have effective communications
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Where will you work?
This role is located at Autocar®, LLC, in Hagerstown, Indiana.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck and Terminal Tractor segments. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of a team leading a business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Committed to finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and standing ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume