The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating growth and sales opportunities by executing strategic plans and traditional marketing (i.e., go to market plans, 4 p’s, and various incentive programs). Leads the development of marketing plans (including go to market plans), programs, and promotions for the assigned products to support the achievement of company sales goals and objectives. Responsible for the forecasting, planning, budgeting, project management, implementation, and success metrics of Go to Market product launches, marketing programs, communications and portfolio development that support the overall sales and marketing strategies and goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with marketing and supply chains and sales to develop highly effective marketing programs and product launch objectives (with forecasts supporting the sales goals), strategies and plans in alignment with the overall corporate strategic objectives
- Identify target markets, equipment, industry, customers, and development of “Value Proposition."
- Cultivate close relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Identify potential new business opportunities as well as prospective customers who may benefit by utilizing our parts (i.e., common OEM,. Common, and exclusive). Included: crossing our current part line card into competitive equipment, new and profitable product offerings, determining where used and when used, and finally how to bundle products together.
- Develop marketing plans and strategies to address specific markets, thus increasing sales and market potential through strategically generating growth within chosen sectors
- Research markets, trends, competitors, and products to provide critical positioning intelligence
- Gather and develop market, customer, category, channel, and product information to get a pulse for the business within the assigned product categories
- Builds marketing promotions to stimulate activity resulting in incremental sales for chosen products.
- Understands market and synthesizes data into facts and trends that provide the basis for actionable marketing plans
- Work cross-functionally to drive and support line reviews
- Coordinate line review activities including category and product presentations, development of marketing and merchandising plans, promotional materials, sales analysis and new product planning, collaborating with sales, sourcing, customer service and business development
- Develops specific sales tools and materials to educate and communicate opportunities to a specific market and end user
- Works cross functionally to build detailed product commercialization plans to ensure an effective product launch within assigned categories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Required
- 3 + years in-depth marketing management experience
- 5 + years overall marketing experience (preferred in the trucking industry)
- Analytical experience in positions of increasing analytical complexity, autonomy, and responsibility. Demonstrated ability in organizing, analyzing, and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- Outstanding communication and project management capabilities
- Ability to work cross functionally with both internal and external business partners
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to manage projects in a structured way
- Knowledge of E-Commerce, distribution, replenishment and item management systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume