Aftermarket Parts Product Manager
The Aftermarket Parts Product Manager will deliver a defined category strategy for assigned product categories and suppliers including a prioritized roadmap of New Product Opportunities to optimize sales and profitability. Executes in order to meet year-over-year growth targets for private label and core product lines. Works with suppliers to improve lead generation/marketing, product launches, and quote-to-cash.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the product playbook, product portfolio reviews, sales toolkits, and supplier reviews.
- Discover, develop, and deliver the product offering, including national brand and private label strategy. Rationalize and manage the lifecycle of the product portfolio.
- Lead product portfolio rationalization and reviews. Identify areas for potential growth and analyze impact of proposed portfolio changes.
- Maintain regular reports to track performance and articulate to key stakeholders the impact of variables on category performance against established metrics. Identify and report on trends, changes and opportunities and provide suggestions aimed at increasing category performance.
- Maintain the relationship between supplier and all applicable Autocar Parts departments including Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Define, execute and/or monitor specific performance metrics and goals relevant to each supplier relationship.
- Support the category by developing category-specific communications, including product-launch support materials, inbound and outbound marketing, training materials and sale materials, distributing to the field.
- Collaborate and drive relevant product promotions and communications for multiple customer segments.
- Conduct and manage voice-of-customer surveys and interviews to understand customer needs and perspectives to ensure customer success and align products, programs, and solutions to the marketing strategy.
- Analyze both customer and vendor order and delivery patterns to help supply chain improve inventory turns, receiving efficiencies and product availability.
- Lead and/or support cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives and other special projects to improve the overall business.
- Be the subject matter expert for the product categories by leveraging demonstrated industry knowledge/insight and through ongoing customer interaction, market research and participation in industry trade events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5 years product and category management experience
- 8+ years overall business experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical experience in positions of increasing analytical complexity, autonomy, and responsibility. Demonstrated ability in organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- Outstanding communication and project management capabilities
- Ability to work cross functionally with both internal and external business partners.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to manage projects in a structured way.
- Knowledge of ecommerce, distribution, replenishment, and item management systems
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume