The Materials Engineer serves in a liaison position between sourcing, the buyers and operations to design and implement the most efficient supplier-to-usepoint logistics and material handling processes and systems. Interface with the Supply chain group and operations, design and negotiate solutions. This person must calculate, present and justify the most effective and efficient solutions for new projects. The person will also be responsible for kaizens.
The person must have the ability to work on his/her feet for extended periods of time to analyze operations, calculate efficiencies, define improvement goals, prioritize projects and execute to plan. Utilize lean principles and technology solutions where applicable.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years Experience in manufacturing environment, preferably assembly in the automotive or heavy truck industry
- Experience in Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, 5S and visual management
- Strong work ethic, great attitude and willingness to learn
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Production-oriented and hands-on
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organization
- MS Office proficiency
Where will you work? This position is located in Birmingham, Alabama
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume