Director of Investor Relations
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
This role is responsible for all investor relations activity across Funding Circle, including communicating Funding Circle’s strategy and corporate developments to shareholders, prospective shareholders, investors and equity research analysts. The role will report directly to the CFO, but work closely with the CEO as well as the wider finance and communications teams.
- Develop and implement Funding Circle’s investor relations strategy and framework. This covers the equity story and shareholder strategy.
- Lead all investor relations activities for Funding Circle including annual and bi-annual reporting for the company (preparation of presentations, press releases, Q&A, scripts and management of analyst calls).
- Lead regular meetings with shareholders and key investor targets, with a particular focus on bringing new shareholders on to the register.
- Management of IR inbox and responding to individual investor and analyst questions.
- Manage Funding Circle’s IR calendar, including investor days/roadshows, investor conferences, and one-on-one meetings.
- Manage and maintain relationships with covering equity research analysts, as well as building a network of potential new analyst coverage.
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to Funding Circle’s leadership team and Board.
- Analyse and present financial trends, competitor behaviour, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business.
- Support preparation and maintenance of consensus models and other materials as needed.
- Help prepare materials for the company’s Annual Report and AGM.
- Maintain investor relations website, ensuring copy and content is regularly updated.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: investor relations, equity research.
- Ideally, experience leading investor relations at a public company in a technology or financial services organisation.
- Experience interacting with the investment community, including buy and sell-side analysts, key shareholders and potential shareholders, and financial media.
- Experience of presenting to analysts and investors.
- Be data and analytical driven and have a great attention to detail.
- An analytical / financial background, ideally with an accountancy or equivalent qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA or similar).
- Great interpersonal skills; able to communicate complex information is a simple way.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with numerous constituencies, including senior executives, analysts, and investors.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.