Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
About the role:
Funding Circle is looking for a Chief Architect to drive our Technology Strategy, Target Architecture and implementation of architectural standards across our technology estate. This is a critical role to enable our significant scaling priorities for technology and to ensure we are building a sustainable technology platform for the company’s future growth.
This role reports to the CTO and is a key member of the Tech Leadership team.
What will you be doing?
- Own the ongoing development and implementation of our Technology Strategy to achieve our Tech Vision of delivering innovation at pace in a multi product/channel set
- Own the target state architecture for the entire tech estate and coordinate the development of those with lead architects in each business domain
- Maintain, develop and evangelise our architectural principles within Technology and across the business
- Drive the appropriate level of governance over implementation of technology to comply with standards and document decisions and exceptions
- Ensure a clear view of current state architecture across all business units
- Nurture a technical community and culture internally and externally to FC (i.e. leading Tech Talks series, speaking on behalf of FC Tech at external conferences)
- Make decisions on enterprise level technologies that form part of our Tech Radar and direction whilst being accountable for the decisions being made and communicated across the group
- Support early engagement on new products and technologies to test and expand new ideas
- Share emergent trends in data, engineering and technology with the wider Tech team
- You are passionate in talking about Technology at all levels. You understand your audience and can deliver simple but clear technical messages to a non-technical group of stakeholders.
- You enjoy and relish taking complex ideas and communicating them simply
- Seasoned expert in a similar Architecture role in a technology driven organisation (10+ years commercial experience)
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.