Do you know your pandas from your penguins?
Do you get excited when your hard work pays off and you grab a top spot on the SERPs? Do you think that BERT isn’t just a cool name, it can have a real impact on a business?
Then you might be just who we’re looking for!
We are looking for a smart, action-oriented individual to help drive our SEO function across our European markets (UK, Germany, Netherlands). This person will play a big role in growing and leading the organic reach in a rapidly growing business.
About the role:
- Full ownership and implementation of SEO strategy
- Own performance of the organic keywords that drive the most valuable traffic
- Work with the Content team to create SEO-friendly content and experiences
- Provide recommendations for technical onsite optimisation to development teams (page speed etc)
- Create and develop link building strategies
- Work cross-functionally with other teams within Marketing and create bespoke landing pages
- Create and own the forecast of future performance
- Own the relationship with an external SEO Agency
- Compile and present SEO guidelines for the wider business
- Prior experience in digital marketing and SEO (2 years+)
- Up to date knowledge of search engine optimisation practices
- Ability to provide prioritised recommendations to development teams with context
- Gap analysis experience - identification & lead on solution
- Technical audit experience
- Content creation (performance-focused)
- Ability to quantify and communicate SEO opportunities in relation to business impact
- Familiar with Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Strong organisational, time management, and analytical skills
- Bonus points (good, but not required):
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with website optimisation tools (Optimizely, Hotjar etc)
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of PPC platforms (Google Ads)
- German/Dutch speaker
- Funding Circle Marketing drives growth, but not just Funding Circle’s. We connect small businesses with the funds they need to grow so that they can continue to play a vital role in the UK economy. So far we’ve lent £8.1 billion resulting in the creation of over 115,000 new jobs globally - and we’re just getting started. We are ambitious and passionate about helping more small businesses. We are curious, data-driven, and action-oriented in our approach to growing our presence so we can reach more small businesses.