PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN
Equitas Health requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
This unique opportunity will allow the Primary Care Physician to play a key role on the multidisciplinary team by providing comprehensive medical care to patients of Equitas Health Center Ohio with special focus on serving the LGBTQ community.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Primary Care Physician Duties
- Provide the highest quality outpatient medical services to patients by assessing healthcare needs, performing physical examinations, ordering pertinent diagnostic tests, diagnosing, providing education to patients and prescribing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies including controlled substances.
- Provide culturally competent health care to all patients with particular focus on the LGBTQ community.
- Play a key role on a multidisciplinary team to develop coordinated treatment plans for patients.
- Assist with the development and implementation of clinic policies and procedures, clinical protocols, continuous quality improvement standards and program monitoring.
- Work closely with administrative staff and the Medical Director to implement innovative approaches to care and meet strict standards as imposed by a variety of accrediting bodies.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with other community providers, particularly referral sources and the hospital at which physician will be privileged.
- Continually update knowledge on topics related to LGBTQ health, primary care topics and HIV/AIDS through reading, conference attendance, lectures and other educational opportunities.
- Act as a collaborating physician for Advanced Practice Nurses on staff.
TELE-PREP Leadership Duties
- Graduation from an accredited university with a Doctor of Medicine degree or a Doctor of Osteopathy degree.
- Completion of accredited residency program
- Active and unrestricted medical licensure in Ohio
- Federal DEA license
- Board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for and cultural competency in serving LGBTQ patients
- Ability to be credentialed and privileged by the Board
- Excellent bedside manner and commitment to customer service
- Ability to provide clinic coverage one Saturday morning per month and select (evening(s) per week.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and LGBTQ communities.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required. Experience with EPIC, ETO and CAREWare preferred and ability to learn new technologies, web tools, and basic design tools is imperative.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Ohio driver’s license.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA