The Psychiatric Consultant is responsible for providing comprehensive, client focused mental health assessment and treatment utilizing individual, group and family modalities to people affected and infected with HIV/AIDS; LGBTQ clients; and the community at large. The Psychiatric Consultant is part of the comprehensive integrated care model we offer through Equitas Health Clinics. Specialist respond to the mental health and recovery needs of patients in clinical care that need more immediate often while the patient is in the clinic or in telehealth with the provider. The Specialist can triage and evaluate needs and refer and respond as needed. The Psychiatric Consultant will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) or American Counseling Association (ACA) and agrees to adhere to NASW or ACA standards.
SALARY: Grade 7 $58,700+
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to diagnosis and treatment of clients with mental health and substance concerns, crisis intervention and consultation, documentation in an electronic medical record system, utilizing telehealth, phone as well as in persons visits with clients, attending meetings, and producing clear, understandable, and timely documentation.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide high quality outpatient mental health and recovery assessment and intervention for clients who have HIV/AIDS and their families; LGBTQ clients, and the community at large.
- Demonstrate use of Evidence Based Practices relevant to population and setting
- Identify appropriate levels of care and treatment needs, making referrals when clinically indicated.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals involved in caring for shared clients via Epic, email, phone, or face to face interactions.
- Complete comprehensive, client focused assessments, treatment plans and treatment evaluations with all clients.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Assist in development and facilitation of support groups and therapy groups.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Maintain client records as directed by agency policies and procedures that will be demonstrated by scoring no less than 90% on QUARTERLY REVIEWS
- Assist clients in accessing medical services, health insurance, Ryan White benefits, and other resources and services to improve health outcomes, housing stability, and employment and income attainment. Document work with clients in electronic health record accurately and within two business days of service provision.
- Complete HIV/AIDS, BIPOC and LGBTQ specific training to keep informed about current research and psychotherapy interventions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy or Doctorate in psychology required.
- Minimum of MSW LSW,, MA LPC required. Independently licensed candidates preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-master’s experience providing treatment in health/mental health/substance abuse setting preferred.
- Must have knowledge of, sensitivity to, interest in, and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices; a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community, and poverty.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to professional standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with [Equitas Health] AIDS Resource Center Ohio’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA