Sr. Cell and Module Engineer
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all!
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems, starting with developing our own semiconductors, electronics, system solutions, mobile apps and even cloud solar design services. To date, we have produced more than 36 million microinverters that make up more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries!
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing innovative technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
We are seeking a cell and module engineer who will work on our energy storage products, under the Storage Business Unit (SBU) division.
As a cell and module engineer, the successful candidate will be part of the battery R&D team that is responsible for performing cell and module engineering releases, and will support battery system integration.
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Perform technical supplier management, including, but not limited to, design reviews, development schedule follow ups, and documentation (DVP&R, DFMEA, Specification, warranty...etc).
- Working as a communication bridge between the internal engineering team, supply chain, and suppliers.
- Perform or manage cell and module characterization tests.
- Perform performance prediction with test results and specification.
- BS/MS/PhD Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- 1+ year experience in testing and design of Lithium-ion Battery cells and modules.
- Hands-on experience with Battery cyclers, such as Arbin, Macro, er al.
- Hands on experience with Lithium-ion Battery electrical performance testing, safety testing, and reliability testing.
- Hands on experience in module dissection and assemble.
- Good understanding of Lithium-ion battery technologies.
- Good understanding of electrochemistry.
- Good understanding of lithium-ion battery cell and module design,. Knowledge of performance-related factors (degradation, energy, power, and safety).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a virtual team, while being physically in a remote location from management.
- Desire and passion to change the world.
- Fluent communication in English / Chinese.
Desired Experience – the following will be advantageous:
- Experience with Python or similar languages.
- Experience with Lithium-ion Battery modeling/simulation.
- Hands-on experience with lithium-ion battery cell and module dissection and assembly.
- Experience with BMU algorithms' (e. SOC, SOH, et al.) development.
- Frequent travel within China.
- Possibly occasionally to other countries in Asia.
- China. Candidate must be authorized to work in China.
- Candidate must be able to perform physical activities, including, but not limited to:
Using both hands to assemble detailed systems.