Staff System Test Engineer
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
We are seeking a Staff Systems Test Engineer to perform various system test activities and participate in Beta trials in the field. This role offers daily challenges in a fast-paced, collaborative environment as we seek viable solutions to real-world problems. In this role, you will join a small team focused on Systems Integration and Testing of all Enphase product offerings. You will design and draw test bed schematics, setup complete end to end systems that involve Gateways, EV Chargers, AC Batteries, Micros, Controller switches, Load controls and Cloud and Mobile Apps for various countries. You will also interact with on and off shore teams, perform end to end system test and publish results to key stakeholders while acting as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the assigned projects.
- Understand Electrical design requirements and hardware specifications based on customer or user requirements.
- Perform Testing of various products with multiple power sources like AC/DC, Battery Packs.
- Perform Testing of embedded microcontroller based electronic products.
- Develop and execute functional and system level testing of products across multiple platforms to test various product features.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts related to electrical aspects of devices and associated systems.
- Creation and communication of design/test plans.
- Conduct tests. Investigate test failures, log defects, and verify bug fixes
- Identifying test gaps and opportunities to expand our test case coverage utilizing prior quality and testing experience.
- Working with cross-functional teams to resolve issues. Collaborating with Software development teams to identify and resolve product defects in timely fashion.
- Establishing and maintaining thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights.
Skills and Requirements:
- BE/ME degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of System Test experience that involves setting up a complete system
- Hands-on experience with installing, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electrical equipment
- Good Understanding of electronic schematics for microcontroller-based systems and power systems.
- Experience interacting with field application, engineering, and product management teams
- Experience developing complex system test scenarios/use cases representing field conditions
- Expertise in testing Embedded Systems, Integration of electrical design with mechanical and software elements of the system.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including Agile methodology.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Testing experience working in renewal field is a Big Plus