Staff Engineer/Sr Staff Engineer HW Quality & Sustenance
Mission (Why does this role exist?) and Scope (About the Job)
Enphase Energy currently incorporates a Lithium Ion based Energy storage system for the residential market with international compliance standards. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for sustenance activity of the Battery management system for the lithium ion batteries. This role requires that the candidate should take complete ownership of Failure analysis, Design validation, Alternate component validation for the Hardware development for the battery management system that includes wired and wireless communication and micro invertors.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes (What the Person needs to accomplish in the role ?)
- Candidate will be a part of complete product development cycle which includes Concept & detailed design, prototyping, Design validation, Qualification, Reliability testing & taking product into production.
- Prime involvement will be in the activity of Sustenance of the product that includes Failure analysis, Design validation, functional testing, Alternate component analysis and evaluation.
- Design and development activity can also be included as a second priority.
- Fair idea about FW algorithms required for BMS etc.
- Interface with PCB design activities, and interface with compliance team to ensure best design practices are followed. Co-ordinate with the team on pre-compliance and final compliance tests.
- Write Engineering Requirement documents, Test Plans and Validation Reports
- Mentoring other engineers for their improvement thereby growth of the company
- Ability to work effectively within the team`
Qualifications: Education, Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour) and Experience
Qualification and Skillset
- Tech- Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in hardware design and validation including BMS, Converters (AC-DC, DC-DC), Inverters, SMPS etc. in relevant industries like UPS, energy storage or electric vehicles.
- Should be familiar with Lab equipment like oscilloscope, Power sources, Electronic Loads etc.
- Familiar with Modeling & simulation tools like MATLAB, LTSpice, Pspice, PSIM etc.…
- Good communication skills
- Tech/PhD – Electrical or Electronics Engineering from Tier-1 Institutes
- Familiarity with the UL & IEC standards on safety & EMI/EMC – IEC62619, 60730 or any other.
- Hands-on experience with FW development will be an added advantage.