Battery Simulation Engineer - New Grad (E)
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all!
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems, starting with developing our own semiconductors, electronics, system solutions, mobile apps and even cloud solar design services. To date, we have produced more than 36 million microinverters that make up more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries!
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing innovative technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
We are seeking a Battery Simulation Engineer who will work on our energy storage products, under the Storage Business Unit (SBU) division.
As a battery simulation engineer, the successful candidate will be part of the battery R&D team that is responsible for developing battery system, module, and cell simulation models.
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Develop simulation models for battery systems, modules, and cells, to support performance prediction, design, and Failure Analysis Engineering (FAE).
- Execute the simulation with different product configurations and across different environments, according to design and testing requirements.
- Work with test engineers for model training and validation.
- Format results, and present them in writing or orally to the larger team.
- Collaborate with other team members, locally and internationally, on battery simulation and models.
- Pursuing BS/MS/PhD Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- Exposure to Lithium-ion Battery cell and module physics-based modeling.
- Exposure to electrochemical modeling (e. Newman’s Model), degradation model, and heat transfer.
- Familiarity with applicable test equipment and test procedures for model validation.
- Good understanding of electrochemistry.
- Good understanding of lithium-ion battery cell and module design and knowledge of performance related factors (degradation, energy, power, and safety).
- Strong aptitude in mathematical modeling of linear and nonlinear dynamical systems and distributed parameter systems.
- Proven competency in numerical solutions of PDEs and ODEs.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Desire and passion to change the world.
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, or similar languages.
Desired Experience – the following will be advantageous:
- Exposure to COMSO, ANYSIS, or other 3D modeling tools.
- Experience with lithium-ion battery, module, or cell development.
- Experience with BMU algorithms' development (e. SOC, SOH, et al.).
- Experience with warranty estimation of battery products.
- Occasional travel to our sites in the US (Fremont CA, Petaluma CA and Austin TX).
- Can be remote in the US, or local in any of our US sites.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite