DVT Validation & QA Manager
Enphase Energy is the fastest growing inverter company in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar and storage technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
- Oversee the DVT execution plan and provide technical direction to the hardware DVT, firmware DVT, system DVT and mobile App DVT Engineers.
- Develop test strategies & plans to assure Enphase’s portable energy solutions firmware functions per engineering requirements and design specifications
- Develop and execute test strategies to ensure safety and optimal functionality for Enphase’s portable energy solution product to meet worldwide standards
- Design and implement automated test systems in Python and Ruby enabling continuous integration of the firmware development team and regression testing
- Collaborate with the hardware, firmware and systems engineers to assure firmware is designed for test and requirements
- Confer with other Quality Assurance teams, Development and Product Management to participate in project planning and ensure the effective testing of Enphase’s products within design constraints
- Use test automation, power meters, oscilloscopes, DC supplies and other lab test equipment to ensure complete functional, efficiency, and safety testing coverage for Enphase’s portable energy solution’s hardware and firmware.
- Coach and train new members of technical staff on Enphase’s test equipment, procedures, and automation software
- Troubleshoot the system failures encountered during DVT and analyze root cause for the failures.
- Work with development team to aid fixing the failures encountered during system DVT.
- Responsible for documentation of test plan and test reports
- Read system DVT plan and files as well as system documents to aid troubleshooting during system DVT in tools like JAMA, JIRA.
- Database management for test results, test data analysis either manually or using python-based data analysis script.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: B.S. and 15+ years’ experience outside of university or Masters and 12+ years or PhD and 8+ years
- Experience with Lithium-Ion Battery safety, testing and design
- Experience with characterization and qualification of intentional radiators: Wifi, Bluetooth, Cellular, GPS
- Experience with use of Tools like JAMA, JIRA, Agile, DOORs, Polarian and Arena
- 3+ years of Python programming controlling test equipment and analyzing data
- 8+ years experience in a similar (non-academic) role as an embedded software or firmware test/QA engineer
- Experience through the various stages of embedded software or firmware design, implementation, test, deployment, and maintenance
- In depth knowledge of relevant worldwide standards such as UL2743, IEEE 1547, 1741SA, CA Rule 21, HECO SRD 1.1, AS/NZS 4777.2:2015, BIS, IEC 62109, UL1973, UL9540, UL9540A, SAND2013-9875, G83/2 regulations of UK and Sandia standard
- Knowledgeable in worldwide electrical advanced grid functions and faults conditions
- In-depth familiarity with AC grid simulators and solar panel simulators
- High volume product development