Staff Engineer, System DVT
What sets Enphase apart? It’s the three tenets we carry into everything we do: innovation, quality, and responsibility. We build energy production and management solutions that address industry problems in bold new ways; solutions that our customers can trust; and solutions that contribute to a healthier planet.
We are looking for Electrical Engineering graduates at BE/BTech or ME/MTech levels. We are looking for candidates those have hands-on when it comes to working with or creating electrical / electronic systems. This includes being familiar with both HW and FW.
As a Staff System DVT Engineer-Digital, the successful candidate will be part of the systems engineering team that is responsible for defining, integrating, and testing the systems behaviour for Enphase’s energy solutions focused on SW components of the system
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Oversee the DVT execution plan and provide technical direction to the DVT Engineers.
- Conduct Design verification test (DVT) to assure full coverage of Ensemble grid agnostic system design
- Develop test strategies & plans to assure Enphase’s Ensemble SW components of System per engineering requirements and design specifications
- Develop and execute test strategies to ensure Envoy (lynx), Enlighten (web), ITK (android and iOS) for Enphase’s Ensemble system to meet worldwide standards
- Design and implement automated test systems in Python and enabling continuous integration of the system development releases
- Collaborate with the Microinverter, Battery (Encharge) and smart switch(empower) engineers to assure product is designed for test
- Confer with other Quality Assurance teams, Development and Product Management to participate in project planning and ensure the effective testing of Enphase’s products within design constraints
- Use test automation, power meters, oscilloscopes, DC supplies and other lab test equipment to ensure complete functional, efficiency, and safety testing coverage for Enphase’s Ensemble system.
- Coach and train new members of technical staff on Enphase’s test equipment, procedures, and automation software
- Troubleshoot the system failures encountered during DVT and analyze root cause for the failures.
- Work with development team to aid fixing the failures encountered during system DVT.
- Responsible for documentation of test plan and test reports
- Read system DVT plan and files as well as system documents to aid troubleshooting during system DVT.
- Database management for test results, test data analysis either manually or using python-based data analysis script.
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech in Electrical/Electronics or computer science engineering with 8+ years of experience in SW system design verification test.
- Experience through the various stages of Web app, Mobile app, embedded software/firmware design, implementation, test, deployment, and maintenance
- Knowledgeable in worldwide electrical advanced grid functions and faults conditions
- Hands-on experience with electrical and electronics systems.
- Good understanding of basic electrical engineering concepts, including circuit theory and Electrical system.
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical, decision making and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Desire and passion to change the world.
Desired experience – the following will be an advantage:
- Understanding of energy storage, micro grid and renewable energy systems
- Experience in Inverter, UPS, Power Electronic circuits design and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on Experience in handling the lab Electronic equipment.
- Knowledge in Lithium Ion based Energy storage systems, Battery management system.
- Experience in grid tied inverter validation and advance grid profile functions.