Sr. Data Analyst
Sr. Data Analyst
Mission (Why does this role exist?) and Scope (About the Job)
Enphase Energy is a global leader in solar inverters. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and thus, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting product quality data through the entire product lifecycle. Provides essential leadership and support for the data management activities of the Quality organization. Collaborates with Engineering/Quality/CS teams and Information Technology.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes (What the Person needs to accomplish in the role ?)
• Functions as a resource to departments and process improvement teams in the areas of quality data management and statistical graphing.
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive product/process improvements.
• Work with cross functional teams to understand their needs and run query to support their analyses.
• Develop deep knowledge of the dataset and able to drill down and wide.
• Run SQL/R/Python queries on various databases to identify patterns and diagnose problems.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Identifies opportunities for automation, monitoring and visualization using automated tools.
• Create reports regularly to senior management
Qualifications: Education, Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour) and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 5-10 years’ experience in a technical role.
- Experience in solar inverter or automotive products will be an added advantage
- Seasoned analytical skills, superior oral and written communication skills and an infectious can-do approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Ability to interpret and summarize presentations for executives
- Background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python/R/SQL is a plus
- Expert in using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) is a plus.
- Using web services: Redshift
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders