Manufacturing Test Engineer
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Read on…
Enphase has introduced a new technology called Ensemble which allows seamless operation of energy resources such as inverters, storage systems, and loads to operate in a microgrid environment whether connected to a grid or not. This technology allows us to meet predefined Quality of Service specification and Economic objectives.
This new architecture means that we have an opportunity to completely rethink the architecture of our test environment. The Test Engineer is responsible for being the team leader for Manufacturing test process development from NPI through EOL to ensure it meets the highest quality standards in the industry. You will work closely with these test organizations to ensure a seamless strategy:
- Design verification – Confirm that a new product design meets requirements
- Compliance – Certify that our products meet compliance standards
- Reliability – Warrant product is reliable over its lifetime
- System verification – Validate that Enphase products interoperate as a system
The job consists of understanding the basic technology, understanding the needs of each of the groups and coordinate the development of a test framework that can be used for all these functions with a maximum amount of reuse while fulfilling vastly different goals of the Enphase manufacturing test hardware and software to be deployed at Enphase’s various production facilities. Enphase’s products often carry relatively long warranty in the field, therefore our manufacturing process and test must support the quality required. This often results in unique product features, disciplined manufacturing processes, and rigorous testing.
What you can look forward to:
- Working with geographically dispersed teams consisting of Electronics Hardware Engineers, Software Engineers and Engineering Technicians
- Evaluating Marketing and Engineering Requirement Documents to develop robust Test Requirements that drive reliability while reducing the cost of test
- Evaluating applicable standards for each product and designing test platforms to implement required testing
- Developing and documenting test system processes and maintenance routines, including calibration, replacement schedule, repeatability test, etc.
- Coordinating closely with the Mfg. SW Development Team to design and ensure a fault-tolerant test system
- Maintaining, debugging and supporting the production facilities where the test systems are deployed
- Driving closed-loop response to factory and field failures (RMA) by identifying test gaps and opportunities
What you typically need to do it well:
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical or Systems Engineering, or other suitable educational background or work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing test environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Database experience (SQL or similar)
- SPC/DOE Knowledge
- Experience Driving Yield Improvement projects
- Experience Improving Manufacturing Test Processes
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining Test Systems in a High Volume Manufacturing Environment
- Complex Cross Functional Team Project Management
- Experience leading testing teams in developing test platforms
- Failure Analysis Techniques
- Expertise with power electronics
- Python programming skills a plus
- Knowledge of battery chemistry and technology is a plus
We are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next-generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting-edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the centre of our shared energy future.
If you care about our planet and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase.