Compliance Engineer, Solar/PV - Germany
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
We are seeking a Standards and Homologation Engineer specializing in standards development and committee work. The Standards and Homologation Engineer serves as a standard subject matter expert.
What you will be doing:
- Use detailed knowledge of industry standards and best practices to guide engineering to achieve product compliance.
- Be the face of the company and participate in national and international standards committees to learn about new regulatory requirements.
- Identify, recommend and verify regional compliance requirements and help obtain product compliance.
- Contribute to the Engineering and Marketing Requirements to ensure incorporation of the existing and new compliance requirements across all products and markets.
- Be a cross-functional team leader to achieve compliance timeline, manage NRTLs and certification deliverables.
- Be a Compliance advocate and leader across all teams: Quality, Marketing, Engineering, Field Applications, Customer Service and Sales.
- Be proficient and the go-to person for following test standards:
- UL1741, IEEE 1547, IEC 62477, AS/NZS 4777.2, EN 50549
- UL9540, UL9540A, UL1973, IEC62609, EN50065, EN61730, IEC61000,
- IEC61683, EN50530, IEC61215, EN 50549-1.
Who you are and what you bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Compliance / Homologation testing of photovoltaic systems or power supplies.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Exceptional product compliance and homologation skills.
- Fluent in English (minimum C1 level) – essential. Fluency in German - preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering against sales quota & key sales objectives.
- Very process-focused, highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code and the ability to work with Local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (LAHJ) is a plus.
- Comfortable with 30% travel.
- A passion for the renewable sector.
We are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next-generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
If you care about our planet and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase.
All CVs must be submitted in English.