Senior Software Engineer
What to expect as an Elastic Path Senior Software Engineer?
Elastic Path is taking its next-generation, headless e-commerce services to the next level and it requires passionate and creative product-centric engineers to lead the charge.
We’re looking for someone who can design and implement complex e-commerce features in our core Product. You’ll work as part of a development squad and will own your work throughout the development lifecycle where you’ll strive for continuous improvement.
We are looking for a candidate to be located in PT or MT within Canada, with a preference for those located in Vancouver. This position can be remote, from any location/time zone listed above. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people. You are patient and forgiving to those who aren’t as talented as you. You have a sense of humour.
- You’re T-shaped - having a broad range of technology knowledge and interests with greater depth in some areas.
- You can make the complex simple – writing quality code always with readability in mind.
- You strive to understand the context and improve rather than just criticize code written by other people.
- You enjoy helping other engineers across the organization.
- You embrace new challenges and see them as a way to grow and learn, obstacles are fun.
- You can lead, you can follow but you are best as part of a team.
- You are ambitious, you desire to grow and crave feedback to help you.
- You always make a positive difference to the teams and products you work on.
- You have experience or an interest in developing services in Go programming language.
- You understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks
- You contribute to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offering
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 5+ years developing large-scale software products – locally deployed/SaaS/PaaS
- Working with a variety of languages especially statically typed back end languages e.g. Java or Go
- Server-side development and a RESTful API layer
- Experience of the full development lifecycle
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of design and best practices for micro-services and distributed systems
- Experience with Go
- API design and development
- E-commerce background
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Infrastructure as code
Our Tech Stack:
(listed for reference, specific language experience required is listed above)
Go, Java, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Postgres, SQS/SNS, RabbitMQ, AWS Lambda and more. Our build, deployment and testing processes feature: GitHub, DataDog, automated functional and performance testing as well as continuous delivery and deployment plus a variety of AWS services.
Who we are
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide a collaborative and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.