· Serves as a resource to Kingsport Mill Operations and Maintenance Departments to ensure that
systems and processes are established that result in meeting or exceeding the environmental
regulations and Domtar performance standards and expectations.
· Leads, facilitates and/or participates in the investigation of all environmental incidents and creation and
implentation of necessary corrective measures.
· Conducts tasks within and serves as subject matter expert for the structured EMS system.
· Develops environmental standard operating procedures and reviews operational and maintenance
procedures to ensure that environmental considerations are incorporated when and where applicable.
· Identifies trends in recurring environmental incidents and facilitates teams to address. Leverages best
practices set forth across the Domtar mill footprint.
· Stays current on environmental regulations, policies, and programs.
· Ensures that document control procedures are established and followed for the identification, storage,
retrieval, and disposition of environmental records.
· Participates in corporate sponsored environmental audits upon request.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
· Maintains certification in EPA Method 9 visual opacity measurement.
· Ensures that accurate and complete reports to Environmental Regulatory Agencies are submitted in a
timely mannersuch as Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs), Toxic Release Inventory Reports, Water
Withdrawal Reports, Tier 2 Reports, Boiler MACT Reports, Title V Reports and Hazardous Waste
· Makes scheduled rounds to verify environmental standards and expectations are being met.
· Responds promptly to critical eventsto prevent and mitigate emission/release impacts.
· Establishes and maintains effective procedures to meet housekeeping standards at all monitoring and
· Reviews new chemicals used on-site to minimize hazardous waste generation and exposure to
· Lead assigned regulatory program areas. Program areas could include, but not limited to NPDES,
Refrigerant Compliance, Solid Waste, Title V, Stormwater.
· Leads and/or participates in new employee orientation as an instructor on environmental commitment
· Follows priorities and deadlines as set by legislation, regulation, and company requirements.
· Plans and conducts annual and periodic training for Mill employees.
· Provide on-call environmental services for off-hours and weekends.
· Ensures timely and accurate data is generated to support compliance status.
· Works with the Operations and Maintenance Departments in developing standard operating procedures that includes the appropriate material for ensuring environmental monitoring and control of the operation. This may include operating checklists and operating parameters.
· Develops standard operating procedures for abnormal operating conditions including start-up, shutdown, and malfunction conditions; incidents, accidents, and potential emergency situations; past activities, current activities, and planned activities.
· Audits in-house and contract lab environmental testing and analyses.
· Uses monitoring information to identify opportunities to improve environmental performance levels or reduce variability.
· Reviews and investigates complaints made on behalf of community residents, city officials, etc.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experiences
Years of Experience/Education/Certifications
· Five (5) years of direct experience in environmental engineering/management.
· Experience in environmental permitting.
· Experience in regulatory agency interface.
· Knowledge of Water and Air programs.
· Versatile in Microsoft Office.
· B.S. in an Environmental Engineering field, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering or other relevant field
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.