Production Team Leader
- Drives the flow-to-work, high-performance work system.
- Supports day-to-day operations of hourly Operational work teams, including but not limited to safety, productivity, quality, scheduling, timekeeping, training / development, performance, appropriate behavior, coaching / counseling etc.
- Engages and inspires Operational work team members, while building a culture promoting team decision-making.
- Planning and execution of DMS and shift hand-off meetings.
- Be a safety advocate, lead by example.
- Drive team efforts to identify root cause of issues, identify permanent corrective actions, document in mill-wide database, and provide follow-up.
- Achieves target results for efficiency, downtown, and production.
- Works with Tech/QC Manager, departmental management, and Operational work teams to utilize the human performance improvement (HPI) process, identifying root-cause off-quality events and driving permanent solutions.
- Collaborates with Maintenance and Operational work teams regarding equipment maintenance / repairs and outages.
- Works with CI, departmental management, Maintenance and Operational work teams to identify / implement process improvements and cost reduction projects to achieve desired results.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experiences Years of Experience/Education/Certifications:
• Minimum five (5) years in containerboard grade paper manufacturing in a supervisory and/or leadership role with fiberline and/or OCC oversight.
• Coach and train new team members
• Lead safety improvements through personal commitment and procedures; knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
• Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and listening skills
• Analytical, critical thinking, and proven problem-solving skills
• Proven success building an engaged team
• Proficient planning, organization, and time-management skills
• Results focused and detail oriented
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experiences/Years of Experience:
• BS in Engineering or other equivalent relevant experience in 100% recycled OCC environment
• Working degree of computer literacy, including computer-based maintenance software (SAP) and Microsoft Office
Critical Competencies for Success (Leadership, Technical, Innovation and Work Complexity):
• Efficiently and effectively support and engage Operational work teams
• Effectively develop individual employees and collective teams
• Communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the Mill
• High degree of collaboration with both Operations and Maintenance personnel
• Utilize safety and production database programs
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing and related tools
• Interpret and apply principles of a collective bargaining agreement
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.