Fibre Supply Coordinator
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Fibre Supply Coordinator to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola produces pulp and more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
We are seeking an engaged individual who is looking for an opportunity to build, contribute and advance our organization.
Reporting to the Fibre Manager, the successful applicant will assist in developing and maintaining positive supplier-customer relationships while enhancing wood quality and forest certification programs. The Fibre Supply Coordinator is responsible for managing the cost, quality and volume of fibre purchased from wood suppliers and able to effectively respond and manage change in a dynamic supply chain.
- Use the Domtar Set of Values to organize and maintain all aspects of fibre procurement.
- Achieves all safety and environmental requirements within the scope of the position.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals, businesses, communities, First Nations, government agencies and others in the wood supply chain.
- Provides support to the Espanola Mill Woodyard to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Assists with the coordination of day-to-day fibre deliveries to the pulp mill.
- Monitor/project deliveries and forecast inventory levels and facilitate supply decisions.
- Assists in reviewing and editing policies and procedures when required.
- Work closely with Woodyard staff and Finance to coordinate mill activities and achieve business results.
- Work with suppliers to monitor and ensure fibre quality specifications are achieved.
- Audit supplying mills and haulers for compliance.
- Participate in Forest Management Plan development and harvest allocation identification.
- Monitor supplier harvest schedules and operations.
- Attend cooperative forest partnership board meetings.
- Maintain forest certification files (forest management and chain of custody) consistent to FSC and SFI standards and with Domtar’s sustainability objectives.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in wood procurement/forestry.
- Registered Professional Forester or Forest Technician.
- Experience with wood acquisition and inventory management system(s).
- A safety-oriented mindset with the desire to enforce and follow mill safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that may include panel interviews, testing, background check, health assessment and drug and alcohol testing.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.