Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent medical, educational, and recreational facilities. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the overall co-ordination of mill environmental activities and maintaining a focus on current and future major environmental initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal governmental regulatory programs and reporting requirements.
- Engage with consultants and others to prepare permit renewals and applications for new mill development projects as required.
- Provide guidance and support to the mill environmental team and operations teams for routine and emergency environmental issues.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of procedures and management systems to confirm that operations are in compliance with environmental regulations and company policies.
- Partner with various mill departments to support process and/or environmental improvement initiatives and ensure they comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and acts.
- Engage with Domtar’s corporate environmental group and environmental functional team to share and learn better practices, participate in audits and complete internal reporting of environmental metrics and incidents.
- Hold a degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pulp & paper industry.
- Leadership skills that include a proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relations and to interact effectively with a diverse group of corporate and operational teams, consultants, trade associations, government representatives and community members.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 14001 and provincial and federal environmental laws, regulations, and acts.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.