Sr Analyst, IT Security
Position title: Sr. Analyst, IT Security
Reporting to the Manager, IT Security, your role as Sr. Analyst, IT Security will focus on achieving Domtar’s business goals by providing IT cybersecurity expertise.
You will be responsible of ensuring that Domtar’s IT solution, infrastructure and applications are safe and follow the security norms of the Corporation. This includes confidentiality and integrity of the Domtar critical information assets and resources while managing the cybersecurity platform and ensuring that Domtar’s legal obligation and contracts are respected.
- Participate in implementing security solutions as needed;
- Work with representatives of the business and IT team to determine security requirements, and prepare detailed specifications for the design and development of security infrastructures, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Perimeter security including but not limited firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention systems;
- Work collaboratively with the managed security service provider to address security incidents as well as continuous improvement of the alerts and reports that are produced by the SIEM;
- Participate in defining the different security norms, procedures and processes;
- Perform security tests with in house and / or commercial tools, analyze results and create reports for the Managers committee;
- Participate in the implementation and review of audit trail logs and reporting mechanisms, vulnerability assessments, and penetration tests;
- Participate in the planning, organizing and managing of the activities related to implementing the IT security practice;
- Participate in the implementation and the review of vulnerability assessments and penetration testing;
- Provide security guidelines that will be used by other IT teams/groups;
- Research and evaluate current security products and make recommendations based on business needs;
- Assist in the resolution of security-related incidents; develop a security operations metrics program;
- Provide operational support as required within your area of expertise;
- Work with industry organizations, business partners, and technology teams to develop compliance validation methods where appropriate;
- Act as a mentor and technical reference for your colleagues;
- Work closely with the security architect, Infrastructure and Enterprise architects to define plan for actual and future needs;
- Coordinate the resolution of deficiency with Internal Audits and IT Shared Services Teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of security operation and all its various aspects according to cybersecurity standards and best practices of the industry;
- Proven experience with developing security awareness training, security incident response team experience, policy management, and contract exposure;
- Proficient with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, network and operating system security features (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, Windows, Unix, Cisco, AD, LDAP);
- Sound knowledge of network infrastructures, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion-detection and prevention systems, penetration testing and vulnerability assessment strategies, file and session encryption and cryptography methods, web application, and device security is required;
- Knowledge of various databases structure and management tools and collaboration tools (SharePoint) from a security perspective;
- Proficiency of concepts related to the use of a SIEM platform is an asset;
- Proven experience in gathering and documenting business and functional requirements toward the implementation of security controls and technologies;
- Strong change management, problem solving / analytical and time management skills;
- Ability to create / define metrics that reflects the current state of a given process and to work effectively with people in a high volume/ high stress technical support environment;
- College degree in related technical/ business areas;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within the information technology and at least 5 years in the cybersecurity field, with a concentration on information security at the enterprise level;
- Accredited professional Certifications e.g. CISSP, CCSA/CCSE, GIAC, CISA, etc.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.