Sr. SAP Functional Analyst - Supply Chain
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air laid nonwovens. Domtar’s annual sales are approximately $3.7 billion, and its common stock is traded on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges.
With approximately 6,600 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Your role as Sr. SAP Functional Analyst will primarily consist in ensuring the support and the continuous improvement of the Domtar Pulp and Paper’s modules and support the integration of these modules with the other functional areas such as FI/CO, Material Management, Plant Maintenance, Procurement, Business Warehouse.
You will be responsible to provide fast and courteous support for Domtar users with regards to SAP Application Incidents, Service Requests and Change Request, to provide an adequate troubleshooting service and may also be required to participate in Projects, as need be.
You will work with other COE teams and the business to identify functional specifications and to identify integration issues and impacts from application change requests to the finalize design requirements.
- Understand business needs and changes to assess and identify impacts of those changes.
- Review and assess application future release functionalities and emerging technologies to identify integration issues and impacts from application change requests.
- Capture, analyze, translate, and document business requirements.
- Prepare and document functional specifications for enhancements and/or configuration requirements in collaboration with other IT teams as needed.
- Use your expertise and experience in this field to collaborate with other team members and end users, providing solutions that fit the current needs of the company as well as the longer-term strategy.
- Perform configuration, unit test, manage integration and user acceptance testing and to coordinate implementations on change requests.
- Understand and comply with Domtar’s internal and external audit policies.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for the production SAP environments.
- Assist Business on Month-End closing with any issues in respect to deadline.
- Provide extracts to Internal and External Audit upon request.
Required Qualifications/Professional Experiences:
- You have a university degree in a IT related field of study or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of SAP experience in similar position , thorough knowledge of the SAP modules pertinent to this job.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP related modules is a must.
- Must have a good understanding of the integration points between modules and other areas within SAP such as FI/CO, BW, MM, PP and PM
- Experience in full life cycle implementation and/or upgrade required in SAP.
- Experience in writing Concept Documents, Functional Design, Technical specs, Test Plan, Test results.
- Experience with interface Idocs.
Preferred Critical / Qualifications/Professional Experiences:
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to deal with difficult situations as well as manage customer expectations and adapt communication style as needed.
- Strong Communication and Documentation skills
- Understand Manufacturing business
- Ability to work in diversified team environment, effectively interacting with others with the ability to listen.
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a “can-do” attitude – adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Strong analytic, investigation and prioritization skills
- Quickly adapts, respectful and autonomous.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience on EasyVista an asset
- Experience with ACL an asset
- Advanced Excel experience an asset
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.