Accounts Payable Agent
Ariva, a wholly owned and operated Domtar business, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. Ariva builds on the rich heritage of the Domtar Distribution Group, Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. We believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. We play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Ariva offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs.Based out of our Ariva Mississauga location, we have a full-time career opportunity available within the Finance Department.
Accounts Payable Agent – Mississauga, ON
Reporting directly to the Accounting Supervisor, the purpose of this position is to process invoices in accordance with Company policy, weekly EFT and cheque runs, resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly vendor statements to name a few. This position will also serve as the main point of contact within the department.
Are you someone who has a strong sense of urgency, works well under pressure, is a good communicator, friendly and enjoys new challenges? This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking for a fast-paced environment where they can take ownership for processes and be rewarded for. Ariva encourages the development and advancement of our employees.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review invoices to ensure accurate expenses allocations
- Processes all invoices accurately in the system on a timely basis
- Assist in the development of procedures to ensure efficiency of the AP function
- Process vendor invoices, ensuring they have proper documentation and approval in accordance to company’s policy
- Review and process weekly EFT and cheque runs
- Be the main point of contact and provide support to others within the department
- Communicate with internal and external personnel in a professional and timely manner
- Providing supporting documentation as needed
- Ability to process and follow up on rush items
- Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Assist in the setup of new properties in the system
- Other general accounting duties as assigned
The Successful Incumbent will have:
- Post-Secondary Education in an Accounting Program
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and produce results under pressure
- Competencies/skills including effective leadership, communication, conflict resolution, time management, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of basic Business Mathematics
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding/data entry skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Customer focus is vital
- Team player who can interact with other peers and support them within our company
- Experience with SAP an asset
We appreciate the opportunity to review all resumes; however, due to volume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.