The Risk Investigator, reporting to the Manager of Risk Investigations, is responsible for supporting activities of the Company's fraud program. This job involves highly complex duties and independent decisions, including identification, investigation, and resolution of high risk or sensitive fraud cases, root cause analysis of fraud losses, and quality assessment, monitoring and reporting. Routinely requires decision making not defined by established polices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES, includes the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Performing duties related to planning, conducting and documenting inquiries into allegations of mortgage fraud, including single or multifamily originations, servicing, and other frauds involving CMG.
- Conduct detailed investigations for integrity issues, misrepresentation, and fraud when suspected.
- Gathering evidence, analyzing information, documenting findings, interviewing witnesses and preparing and drafting SAR's.
- Utilizing resources and systems to obtain evidence which include but are not limited to; open source sites such as; Facebook and Instagram.
- Preparing written investigation summaries.
- Enter findings, dates of investigation, and pertinent notes in all tracking systems.
- Complete Suspicious Activity Reports in a timely manner to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Provide direction to internal divisions on handling of suspected mortgage fraud, potential misrepresentation and/or suspicious activities.
- Identify internal control weakness and recommend actionable mitigating strategies.
- Conduct channel or individual specific target reviews identifying fraud trends and making recommendations surrounding continuing and/or discontinuing business relationships.
- Prepare notices to Correspondent Lenders and Brokers with continued communication throughout the appeal/denial process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 3-5 years fraud experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills.
- Mortgage fraud investigation experience.
- Previous experience writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Strong email communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality required.
- Team oriented.
Direct Reports: None
PHYSICAL and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Standard office environment, equipment, and tasks, including work at a computer terminal. This position requires partial sitting and walking throughout the day. Employee must be open to work overtime to complete assigned tasks.
External Code: #LI-AT1
CMG MORTGAGE, INC. NMLS #1820 If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CMG Financial prior to having a signed agreement . CMG Financial is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to CMG Financial and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.