Senior Contracts Specialist
Chevo is hiring an experienced Senior Contracts Specialist to join our expanding firm. This position provides the opportunity for significant client interaction by learning the client’s business better than they know it and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will have lead a team of contracts specialists and demonstrate versatility in understanding and performing work related to Federal Government Acquisition Management, including pre-award and post-award acquisition and contract management support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pprocurement planning/forecasting and obligation plan monitoring for federal government acquisitions
- Planning and drafting required PR documentation, which may include: Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Work (SOW), Acquisition Plans (AP), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Determination and Findings (D&F), and other relevant procurement documents
- Market research for requirements and developing Requests for Information (RFIs) and Sources Sought Notice
- Prepares Procurement Requests and documentation
- Preparing and maintaining reports and dashboards relaying the status of PR actions to senior management
- Creates and maintains a reporting mechanism for status of contracts
- Knowledge of federal government and DHS contracting process/policies
- Experience utilizing government contract writing (PRISM) and financial management systems
- Ability to research and analyze contract and financial data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to update a SharePoint site with program documentation.
- MA/MS in a relevant field or BA/BS with 15 years’ relevant experience
- Minimum 10 years’ Federal acquisitions experience
- Prior experience using the PRISM contract writing system
- Previous DHS experience is a plus
- PMI PMP certification is a plus
- DAWIA or FAC/C certification is a plus
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMART card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!