Data Management Analyst
Chevo is hiring an experienced Data Management Analyst to join our expanding firm. This position entails significant client interaction and provides the opportunity to learn the client’s business and become a trusted advisor. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, experience, and versatility in assessing data management systems and processes and supporting data and IT governance. They will also have experience providing IT and Data Project Management support to federal clients. This position is located in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support data governance, including the activities of governance bodies and the execution of data-related initiatives
- Facilitate identification and deployment of technologies, tools and resources that create and support efficiencies, promote the dissemination of best practices, and enhance data management and analytics capabilities and workflows
- Support stakeholder interviews and working sessions and capture/assess feedback, capture and document requirements, perform analysis of alternatives regarding potential solutions, and conduct other business/technical analyses (e.g., root cause, gap, etc.)
- Provide support to data analytics practitioners and IT staff; evaluate problems pertaining to platforms, systems, applications, or data; propose solutions or recommendations as needed
- Document implemented systems and processes and develop standard operating procedures and supporting documentation
- Develop and present persuasive, compelling briefing materials and other documentation for executives, senior managers, and other decision makers
- Deliver demonstrations and pilots, and provide training and expert assistance to end users
- Provide project management support, including development, maintenance, and application of project management documentation and artifacts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience supporting data management initiatives, preferably within the federal government workspace
- Demonstrated experience implementing data management and data governance best practices
- Experience working with and standardizing taxonomies and metadata, and developing data catalogs and data dictionaries
- 5 years hands-on experience providing project management consulting or business systems analysis services to federal or large organizations
- Experience with the Federal SDLC process
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Confluence, Jira and other content management/information sharing platforms
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present to clients with a polished, professional, and diplomatic image
- Working knowledge of IT business processes
- Experience working with project management processes, artifacts, and tools
- Business process engineering/improvement experience
- Advanced organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work independently against multiple deadlines and on initiative teams of varying size
- Ability to collaborate with executives, senior managers, and other key stakeholders
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMART card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.