Information Security Analyst
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for an Information Security Analyst to join our agency.
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and is in person, based out of our Cohoes location.
The Information Security Analyst applies knowledge and understanding to assist in the development and implementation of the Information Security program.
This position assists in protecting the organization's IT systems and software from threats to Information Security by monitoring and analyzing network traffic, server and email logs, Anti-Virus software, and Data Loss Prevention logs.
- Provides technical knowledge, standards development, program development, risk assessment, reporting, and awareness education related to information security.
- Monitor and audit information systems, networks, and databases to identify and isolate occurrences of unauthorized activity
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of internal security training programs
- Proactively identifies information and IT security risks including IT technical implementations or business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in field of Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security, or related field
- At least 1 year of job related experience, specifically in IT Technical Support
- Basic understanding of compliance regulations like HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI-DSS. Knows definition of requirement and type of information it addresses
- Maintains confidentiality when working on systems and data
- Diversified knowledge of computer hardware, telecommunications, and networking equipment
- Can identify common cybersecurity threats and methods, and basic mitigation techniques
- Understands the concept of Risk and how it applies to Information Security
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize on urgency and impact to business systems.
- Specialized training, license, certification, skills preferred: Certifications in Networking, Cyber Security, etc.
- Can perform basic configurations of firewalls, SIEM, antivirus, DLP, and IDP/IDS technology
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.