Speech Language Pathologist - $4,000 Sign On Bonus
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a full time or part time Speech Language Pathologist to join our Langan team,working with 5-21 year olds, This position will start on September 2022.
Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team members including teachers, teacher assistants, school districts, and families to ensure quality, state-of-the-art, cost effective services to all students. Langan School is centrally located in the city of Albany, and a program of the Center for Disability Services, is a ten month school program with a mandatory six week summer school program.
- Graduate degree (Masters) in field of Speech-Language Pathology is required
- Specialized training, license, certification, skills: NYS Licensure/Registration - Speech-Language Pathologists, NYS Teaching Certificate as a TSHH or TSLD, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence required
- we offer excellent supervision to Clinical Fellows
- Professional experience with dysphagia, augmentative alternative communication, working with individuals with developmental, physical and neurological disorders preferred
- Less than 1 yr of job related experience required
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
At the Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.