The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation, and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Dentist to join our team.
This position is working in our Health Services department that is located in Albany, NY. The Health Services division provides specialized care needed by individuals who have disabilities. Services offered range from primary care to dental care to mental health services. The Center offers a seamless program of services to the people we serve, their families, and others in our communities.
Provide diagnosis, treatment, consultation and follow-up for patients receiving Dental Services at Center Health Care locations. Provide optimum dental care for patients/clients, including preventive and routine care, according to current professional guidelines and best practice. Promotion of health through recognition of dental problems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and provide appropriate dental treatment to patients, including regular cleanings, root canals, implants and cosmetic dentistry etc.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure quality, state of the art service to the people we care for and their families, diagnosing and treating patients
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations
- Supervise the work of dental hygienists and is responsible for timely record keeping
- Graduate degree (Masters or Doctorate) in D.D.S. or D.MD.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience in dentistry and/or complete of a Residency Program in Dental Care or related specialty
At The Center for Disability Services, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be and Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.