Human Resources Manager
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support. For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing strategic human resources support to ensure smooth operations and successful employee and manager performance within assigned division. Areas of influence include: employee relations, compensation, staff and management training/development, recruitment and selection, and performance management. Employee relations experience, as well as experience working in human resources within a non-profit, human services, or health care organization regulated by NYS agencies (such as the Justice Center, OPWDD, and DOH) is strongly preferred.
- Work closely with and provide guidance to management with day-to-day employee relations issue resolution, resolve issues, and assist with the development of management’s understanding of the Center's values and behaviors, as well as applicable provisions of employment law
- Partner with Quality Department and the HR Management Team on investigations, counsel management following the outcome of investigations, and assist with any employment related decisions that are made - while being mindful of the implications of the law and fair and consistent application of Center policies
- Understand the underlying issues related to common employee relations/employee performance issues and recommend, develop, and implement agency-wide HR initiatives
- Provide direct supervision and career development to junior members of the HR Team
- Lead various HR projects, which may include: compensation projects, workplace investigations, new hire onboarding and orientation, HR compliance, and updating agency wide processes and procedures
The Human Resources Manager position requires:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Ability to anticipate problems in all areas of responsibility and develop effective solutions
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field required
- At least 5 years of job related experience required, specifically working in Human Resources at a medium to large sized organization; Human Resources experience at a non-profit, human services, or health care organization preferred
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP and/or PHR/SPHR Certifications and/or Master’s Degree a plus
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.