Assistant Manager - Residential Services
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for an Assistant Manager to join our agency. This position is based out of our programs in: Albany, Altamont, Colonie, Latham, Loudonville, Schenectady, and Scotia.
If you are looking for a role that would enhance your leadership skills, this position might be the right one for you. We promote from within whenever possible, so potential career growth is attainable.
- Perform daily operational needs of a residence including the Direct Care Staff and the people we support as directed by the Program Manager.
- Perform direct care to the people of the residence
- Assist the Program Manager supervise the Direct Care Staff assigned to the residence by ensuring that performance appraisals, adequate staffing ratios, and services are delivered to the people with quality and excellence.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, associate’s degree preferred
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License in good standing
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience, specifically in the field of developmental disabilities, mental illness, traumatic brain injuries or geriatrics
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.