Senior Employment Specialist
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhereWe are looking for a full time Senior Employment Specialist to become part of our Adult services Program.
- Identifies, assesses and evaluates individuals with disabilities for appropriate vocational placement.
- Provides job development/placement, job training, advocacy and personal support services to individuals in the Supported Employment Program.
- Coordinates intakes and/or extended contracts as assigned.
- Functions as a family liaison for employment options.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move individuals - i.e., may be required to lift 50 pounds independently (example: a one person lift), up to 150 pounds with assistance of another staff (example: a two person lift), and use a mechanical lift device as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions, communicate, perform simple math functions and knows basic weights and measures.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of Human Services (or related degree) preferred. Can substitute with 4 or more years of experience in vocational rehab
- Specialized training, license, certification, skills- Will need to maintain all required training through OPWDD and Acces-vr.
- At least _1_ year(s) of related experience, specifically in: Vocational Rehabilitation
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.