Teaching Assistant - Glenville Preschool, Glenville, NY
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere
We are looking for a Preschool Teaching Assistant (Fulltime and Relief) based out of our CloverPatch Early Childhood Program, Glenville.
Glenville CloverPatch Preschool, a program of the Center for Disability Services, is a ten month school program with a mandatory six week summer school program.
- Help the teachers with activities designed to address students’ needs according to their personalized education plans
- Prepare classroom materials, instructing students, and custodial care of students
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team members
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with children or individuals with disabilities is preferred
- Must obtain NYS Teaching Assistant Certification within one (1) year of hire and maintain the certification while employed
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to apply for this position