Teaching Assistant-Cloverpatch Preschool Albany, NY
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are looking for a Fulltime Preschool Teaching Assistant for our CloverPatch Early Childhood Program in Albany.
Albany CloverPatch Preschool, a program of the Center for Disability Services, is a ten month school program with a mandatory six week summer school program.
- Help the teachers with activities designed to address students’ needs according to their personalized education plans.
- Prepare classroom materials, instructing students, and custodial care of students.
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team members.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with children or individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Must obtain NYS Teaching Assistant Certification within one (1) year of hire and maintain the certification while employed.
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to apply for this position.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices