Staffing Specialist - St. Margaret's Nursing Home
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Staffing Specialist to join our agency.
This position is based out of our St. Margaret’s Center. St. Margaret’s Center is a 94 bed skilled nursing facility providing short-term, long-term, and respite care to children and young adults with disabilities. Our dedicated team of professionals delivers individualized care focusing on the unique needs of our residents. To learn more about St. Margaret's Center, please check out our Virtual Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK653y26h8U
- Prepares and manages the master schedule for the nursing teams
- Posts open shifts and schedules relief/per-diem staff for hours based on availability
- Processes approved time off requests, as well as holidays in a 24/7 environment
- Oversees and coordinates orientation for all nursing new hires
- Manages the electronic file system for new hires
- Responsible for the processing for nursing payroll
- Supports the Nursing Management Team
- H.S Diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years of job related experience, specifically in administration, customer services or staffing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must work well in a fast paced environment while carrying priorities simultaneously and maintaining a professional demeanor
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.