Special Edu Teacher-Float 3 locations
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a full time Floater Special Education Teacher to join our agency. This position is based out of our school in Albany, NY but the position will need to fill openings wherever needed. Other locations this position may be used for outside of our Albany locations are Glenville and Queensbury.
Special Ed Teacher-Sign on Bonus-**$4,000 Sign-On Bonus: Eligibility for new hire, full time ( 30+ HRS/WK) Bonus paid out incrementally over time**
- Serve as a leader of the classroom, providing direction to an interdisciplinary team of professionals and paraprofessionals
- Supervise and directing the work of classroom education staff
- Collaborate with parents, school districts and other agencies to ensure that student needs are met.
- Initial NYS Certification in Special Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education and currently pursuing Masters Degree in Special Education
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds independently.
- New York State permanent certification in Special Education
- Masters Degree in Special Education
- Minimum of two years of experience with students with multiple disabilities.
- Creative and energetic
**Sign on bonus**
$2,000 payout the pay period following the employee’s 3 month anniversary date
$2,000 payout the pay period following the employee’s 9 month anniversary date
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices