Master Special Education Teacher - Cloverpatch, Albany- $4,000 Sign On Bonus
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are currently offering a $4,000 sign on bonus for Cloverpatch MSET's joining our team! *See below for details.
We are searching for full time Preschool Special Education Teacher to join our agency. This position is based out of our school in Albany, NY.
- Responsible for developing students’ Individualized Education Plans
- Develop and implements lesson plans incorporating goals/objectives from all disciplines of each student's IEP.
- Implements and monitors behavior and classroom management plans/techniques when necessary
- Develops and adheres to an established daily schedule making daily modifications/adjustments as required
- Maintains communication with classroom team, parents and program directors regarding students' performance
- Develops lesson plans incorporating the IEP goals and objectives for each student
- Reinforces appropriate student behavior by utilizing progressive discipline techniques
- Establishes communicates and monitors clear expectations for both students and classroom staff
- Initial NYS Certification in Special Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education and currently pursuing Masters Degree in Special Education
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds independently.
- New York State permanent certification in Special Education
- Masters Degree in Special Education
- Minimum of two years of experience with students with multiple disabilities.
- Creative and energetic
*Sign on bonus: Eligible for new hires in a full time status (minimum of 30 hours per week). Rehires are not eligible for sign on bonus. Must be in good standing and an active employee at time of payout. Bonus to be paid out incrementally.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.