Social Worker Assistant Float
The Position: Under the supervision of the Social Work Supervisor, the Social Work Assistant is responsible for assisting the social workers to provide psychosocial services to participants.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS FULLTIME, FULLY BENEFITED "FLOAT" POSITION. THE PERSON IN THIS ROLE WILL "FLOAT" TO EACH OF OUR SITES AS THERE IS A NEED FOR SUPPORT - THIS ROLE WILL NOT BE ANCHORED TO ONE SITE.
***Flexibility regarding hours worked - open to Part Time 20-24 hours per week""
The rate range for the SW Asst Float at Center For Elders Independence is $ 20.00/hr to $ 28.55/hr. Wages/salary are based on the market for the SW Asst position, as well as experience, skills, abilities and work history
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises and guides participants through the process of enrolling in needed services, such as Paratransit, Meals on Wheels, housing, and other community services.
- Visits participants in their homes and/or provides phone support.
- Accompanies participants to non-medical appointments as needed.
- Gathers materials to be filed; find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from Social Workers.
- Communicates with community service organizations for information gathering and to act as a liaison for participants.
- Assists participants with computerized assessments and documents.
- Administers screening assessments and reviews care plan with participants.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about participants, clients or families in conformance with HIPAA principles.
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree from an accredited school
- One year experience in health care setting, preferred
- One year experience working with senior population preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- Bilingual ability preferred (Spanish, Korean, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin).
- Valid California driver's license, acceptable driving record and insurance with access to a reliable transportation.
- Current CPR and First Aid
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.