Inventory Coordinator - Metals Service Center
Job ID 1246
Are you a detail-oriented individual seeking an entry level position within an industrial environment? Castle Metals is looking to hire an Inventory Coordinator with 1-3 years of relevant experience. The Inventory Coordinator is responsible for ensuring accuracy of the inventory at Castle Metals’ Bedford Heights, Ohio, location.
Castle Metals provides great benefits and a safe work environment. We have over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
The Inventory Coordinator will maintain various reports to keep management aware of inventory trends, shortages and back orders. They will spend a significant amount of time in the Oracle data management system, as well as on the plant floor, verifying the correct location of inventory in a rack system.
This role will have exposure to powered industrial equipment. It may also be necessary to operate a crown lift truck to access material (training will be provided). The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to enter the plant floor.
The ability to use web-based tools to extract, organize and analyze inventory data is a must.
This opportunity is ideal for anyone who is interested in exceling at their job and moving ahead in their career. The Inventory Coordinator position can provide the operational foundation needed to transition to various supervisory opportunities within the plant.
The Inventory Coordinator provides business critical insight by restocking inventory as needed and making sure customer orders are filled properly. The Inventory Coordinator will also assist with comparing the actual stock inventory against the office records to ensure that all counts are as accurate as possible. A successful individual will be able to coordinate with shipping to ensure all received shipments are moving in and out of warehouse facilities as scheduled.
- Audit shipments and receipts on a daily basis.
- Work with supply groups to keep appropriate and accurate inventories.
- Coordinate outbound and inbound material shipments.
- Performs physical inventory counting.
- Updates and maintains electronic physical inventory records.
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies.
- Performs stock checks related to live sales orders in Oracle
- Performs weekly dock audits to ensure all material is shipped and billed in a timely manner.
- Assists inventory control personnel with computer update issues.
- Assists traffic and warehouse personnel with inventory issues.
- High School Diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in production scheduling, inventory, plant administration or other related areas in a distribution environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced math skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and organization skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas in order to improve service levels, resolve service problems, and reduce costs/improve efficiencies.
- College coursework in business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships.
- General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use).
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement).
- Requires standing, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, and moving/carrying/lifting up to a maximum of fifty (50) pounds.