Job ID 1165
The Territory Manager position provides business critical insight and delivers excellent customer service and communication to Castle Metal customers. Castle Metals is seeking a talented individual who has proven experience growing existing business and identifying new customers by positioning value added products. The Territory Manager will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining personal relationships with prospects and customers in an assigned territory to sell company products and promote good will.
The Territory Manager will cover the state of Michigan and will report to the Regional Commercial Sales Manager in Bedford Heights, Ohio.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement. The Territory Manager position offers room for growth and a company car allowance.
- Develop territory growth strategy
- Prospect and develop new customers
- Plan an itinerary of calls, develop call pattern
- Understand and provide feedback to customers regarding operational capabilities and enhancements
- Demonstrate product capability and knowledge
- Gather relevant data for tailored products
- Gather relevant data from customers in order to understand product requirements
- Quote price, credit terms, delivery time, etc. in coordination with company goals and directives
- Arrange for preparation of sales contracts and/or proposals
- Prepare reports of calls, business transactions, and expenses
- Service the account after sale is made
- Investigate customer complaints and product performance
- Work with the value stream such as value improvement process
- Accountability to core growth and product promotion (Commercial Strategies)
- Utilize appropriate resources as appropriate (i.e.: credit, product management, operations, etc.)
- Solid knowledge marketing strategies and sales techniques; exposure to Sandler sales training programs a strong plus
- Minimum of 1 (one) to three (3) years’ experience in *both inside and outside sales
- Solid business acumen with experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of raw materials and/or exposure to the metals industry a plus
- PC literacy with proficiency in the Windows office suite; knowledge of Oracle a plus
- Demonstrated sales skills with strong achievement orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to make effective presentations to clients and to upper management
- Good written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships with customers
- Solid negotiation skills with ability to close business deals
- Good problem-solving skills with ability to develop innovative solutions to customer problems
- Good organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- MBA strongly recommended.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.