Service Desk Analyst
Join our Winning Team as a Service Desk Analyst
Are you customer focused and enjoy helping others? Do you take pride in bringing solutions that make work easier and more efficient? If so, CARFAX may be the place for you! Our internal Service Desk team provides a full range of networked computer support services to internal CARFAX employees and visitors. We provide face-to-face, telephone, and electronic service to our customers to support the overall infrastructure, systems, and processes necessary to operate a high availability, fast paced environment.
The CARFAX Culture:
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
The Internal Service Desk team provides a full range of networked computer support services to internal CARFAX employees and visitors. Service is provided face-to-face, via telephone, and electronically. Service desk analysts regularly work with other technical staff to support the overall infrastructure, systems, and processes necessary to operate a high availability, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate must be proficient at oral and written communication, must maintain good rapport with customers, must exercise skill in managing multiple concurrent tasks, and must show an aptitude to resolve support issues using sound troubleshooting methodologies.
- Be the main local point of contact on both service and support
- Configure new and existing PC’s, laptops, Macs, and virtual machines as required
- Maintain an inventory of hardware, software, purchase dates, warranty and registration information.
- Manage the hardware vendors (i.e. Dell, Lenovo, Apple, HP) to repair equipment
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to customer’s hardware and software problems to ensure user productivity.
- Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, internal ticketing system, visits, IM and email in a timely manner
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices and related tools.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Assist technical staff to achieve team, department, and company goals.
- Install and update software using IT internal tech stack.
- Assist with new employee Orientation training in use of hardware and software
- Document support issues and resolutions
- Build, test, and deploy software packages to all workstations and laptops using desktop management tools.
- Support, manage, and maintain the local office Zoom video conference platform both hardware and software solution.
- Provide service and support to offsite meetings
- Respond to after hour urgent calls from internal staff
- Occasional travel to other CARFAX sites.
- Three + years of prior service desk experience
- Must be self-starter, self-motivated, detail oriented
- Be able to work independently as well as working with others effectively in a team environment
- Has the ability to lead a team if and when warranted.
- A detailed understanding of Windows 10, Mac OSX
- Strong experience support with Apple hardware and Mac OSX
- Proficient in and support of MS Office
- Experience with JAMF Pro Suite
- Experience with creating and deploying images to workstations and laptops are MUST
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service is a MUST
- Aptitude to learn and support a variety of frequently changing applications and systems
- Basic understanding of networking and common hardware peripherals (routers, printers)
- Must be able to provide after-hours support as needed. Be part of on call rotation.
- Ability to read and write simple script and batch programs.
- Experience working with or supporting laptops is a MUST.
- Detailed understanding and supporting Linux OS desktop environment
- Extensiveexperience configuring and troubleshooting Linux desktop and Linux server systems
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server is huge a plus.
- Extensive experience with Casper/JAMF Pro or other Mac Management Solutions
- Experience with one or more Cloud Computing Services such as Amazon Web Services Workspace (preferred)
- JAMF Casper certification is highly desirable
- Experience with Service Now ticketing solution
- Experience with active directory tools is a plus
- Basic understanding of databases is desirable
- Two or three years of customer service experience combined with technical training or Certification in A+ or MSP, or an Associates Degree in IS
- Ability to lift and carry 60 pounds (workstations, servers, printers, etc.)
- Must be able to lift and move desktop PCs as well as maneuver under counters to run cables and wires for PCs.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.