Data and Software Tester
Join our Winning Team as a Data and Software Tester
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
The Tester is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations. The Tester works collaboratively with Developers and Business Analyst to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements.
As a Data and Software Tester you will:
- Analyze and review big data to determine if files are in the correct format for processing.
- Create implementation plan to successfully process a source in production.
- Review requirements documentation to ensure technical feasibility.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Understanding of testing; from test scripts to integration testing.
- Problem solver; work through problems to get past errors or issues with testing.
- Work effectively with a team; provide feedback to team members, communicate with partners and teammates on updates of projects daily.
- Confirms that every phase and feature is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
- Build invoice for accounting of all records that are being processed.
- Validate that the Business Analysts and Developers expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of records in the DB.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or real life experiences
- Ability to read and understand Java or an object-oriented programming language
- Experience testing API solutions, including but not limited to using Postman, JMeter, SoapUI and Katalon Studio
- General knowledge of MySQL and Oracle; able to write select, insert and delete statements.
- Experience in the product development life-cycle
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to all varieties of audiences
- 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working in Agile development teams using methods like Extreme Programming, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Building and executing an effective, holistic data and analytics strategy
- Experience using Fitnesse
- Exposure to R
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.