Director of Compensation
Join our Winning Team as a Director of Compensation
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
The Director of Compensation is a “hands on” senior leader who is responsible for refining CARFAX’s compensation strategy and creating pay programs that successfully attract, retain and reward high performing talent. This role will work closely with senior leadership to align incentives to drive CARFAX’s future growth.
As a Director of Compensation you will:
- Design pay structures, frameworks, and practices that help CARFAX make smart pay decisions, reward contributions, and support career mobility
- Create simple, but effective incentive programs that motivate our teams to exceed goals, including 40+ incentive plans, bonus program, stocks, and SPIFFs
- Implement best practices and automate processes including plan design, administration, reporting, and compliance
- Develop HR reports that represent CARFAX’s metrics-driven environment
- Build strong working partnerships across the business to maximize business alignment; educate managers on processes; mentor and grow compensation team
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 10 plus years’ compensation experience with increasing level of responsibility
- Subject matter expert in market benchmarking, job leveling, defining pay ranges, sales commission plans, and variable pay programs
- Strong expertise in sales compensation/incentive plan design, modeling, and tracking; advanced excel and modeling skills; strong knowledge of FLSA and federal and state pay practices
- Strong consulting and analytical skills, pragmatic business thinker; ability to clearly present key findings, facilitate discussions and provide data -based recommendations
- Ability to travel to our Centreville, VA headquarters as needed when the office reopens
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.