Director of Sales- MyCARFAX
Director of Sales, CARFAX Service Shops
CARFAX is looking for an experienced and passionate sales leader to lead our CARFAX Service Shops inside Sales Team. In this position, you will report to the GM of the Service Shops Division and be responsible for leading the team to achieve our acquisition goals in a highly energetic sales environment. This role requires excellent sales acumen, team leadership skills, inside sales management experience and the ability to collaborate with peers across the organization.
In addition, there will be a need to provide inspiration, coaching and leadership to take the sales team’s performance to the next level while managing to change in a dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands-on management of the inside sales team day-to-day to achieve acquisition goals.
- Develop and coach the inside sales team and managers, improving their sales and management skills and conversion through all aspects of the sales funnel.
- Create & implement outbound sales strategy best practices and continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Communicate and educate the team through daily huddles, weekly trainings and monthly recap sessions designed to ensure cohesion amongst the team.
- Create and execute contests and morale initiatives to improve team performance to meet and exceed acquisition goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Activation, Support, Analytics and other teams to achieve company goals.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reporting metrics to evaluate progress and identify challenges to drive decision-making and performance coaching at a team and individual level.
- Anticipate and react quickly to trends and changes in team and individual performance.
- Develop and manage sales department budgets, compensation and expenses.
Expertise You Will Bring In (Skills and Qualifications)
- 5+ years of experience in sales leadership in a high-velocity outbound sales environment.
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding both individual and team sales goals.
- Experience hiring and scaling a sales organization effectively
- Proven ability to manage and lead a dynamic and diverse sales team with a focus on continually driving improved performance through hands-on, day-to-day management.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves as this is a hands-on position, as well as a strategic one.
- Have the desire to create and try new strategies driving ideas from concept to execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work inter-departmentally.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is required.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.