Join our Winning Team as an ETL Developer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
As an ETL Developer you will help provide trusted reporting, data, and analytics for CARFAX to demonstrate value across business channels, assess product performance and influence direction, and support internal business operations.
As an ETL Developer you will:
- Analyze source system data to assess data quality and work with technical and business representatives to determine strategies for handling data anomalies identified
- Design ETL processes and develop source to target data mappings
- Develop, test, and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages, as necessary
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the ETL routines and environment
- Administer and maintain the ETL environment, including performing configuration management activities related to the ETL environment
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 4+ years designing ETL processes and developing mappings to load data from source to target
- 4+ years’ experience developing, testing, and deploying ETL solutions using Informatica PowerCenter. Experience creating Parquet and AVRO target files.
- Experience implementing data warehousing solutions in Redshift environment.
- Very strong SQL and/or PL/SQL skills required.
- Significant experience optimizing ETL routines and environments
- Experience with scheduling tools like Control M
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, team-based environment. Experience working in Agile environments is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.