At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Support local hospital and patients in the Middletown, NY area: Garnet Health Medical Center
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect
What you’ll be doing:
The Practice Assistant performs administrative support tasks for Medical Leadership and operations team at assigned facilities. The work includes a broad range of complex responsibilities involving confidential and/or technical information, i.e., compiling reports, furnishing information, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, responding to routine correspondence, and responding to visitors and telephone calls. The Practice Assistant exercises considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
- You will screen and direct all calls coming into the office
- You coordinate medical leadership schedule of appointments, meetings, etc.
- You organize and assist in coordinating socials, meetings, conference calls and other special events
- You are responsible for completing daily volume reports and trends
- You establish and maintain files both hard copy and electronically
- You screen, re-direct, and assist callers regarding patient complaints, physicians with questions, physician payroll errors, and hospitals requesting information
- You assist Client Services Vice Presidents with various mail outs, phone calls, etc. for the facility
- You update facility contacts and account/hospital team in Salesforce
- You create and maintain graphs and spreadsheets as needed to analyze and report data
- You will prepare reports/letters in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have a high school diploma, associate degree preferred
- You have a minimum of four years of direct healthcare administrative experience
- You are tech savvy with exceptional with Microsoft Office skills to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel - the recipients and type of material you will be creating and distributing your technology skills must be top notch!
- You have a knack for accuracy, proofreading and editing documents to avoid errors/typos in the documents you produce
- You have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization including executive management and fellow employees
- You have an outstanding phone etiquette presence with the ability to manage phone calls from patients, physicians, hospitals, and executive leaders with tact and poise
- You have the ability and previous experience to record meeting minutes and transcribe documents
- You have excellent working knowledge of general office equipment and strong organizational skills
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: This role is not intended to be hired in Colorado or New York City.