Relationship Manager, Funding Circle Plus
***based remotely, covering West Yorkshire (Leeds, Sheffield, York)***
As a Relationship Manager, you will be working with our highest value SME customers looking to take out large loans, offering a premium face-to-face service. We are looking for a trusted and dynamic Relationship Manager, passionate about making a difference to small businesses.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals. Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story.
Every day, you will speak to SME business owners that have engaged with Funding Circle and looking to grow. We have an increasingly large loan (£100k-£500k) customer base, and it is vital that we continue to improve the way in which we help these businesses reach their goals.
What will you be doing?
- You will own applications from SME customers wanting to borrow more than £100k and providing face to face service
- Building relationships with our new and returning customers through an in depth face to face discussion with them about their business
- Handling an ongoing pipeline of applications, ensuring great relationships are built to optimise conversion
- Assisting in driving origination to meeting the channel’s growth goals and play an active role in improving the channel ahead of full national rollout
- Influencing the strategy, development and growth of the Funding Circle Plus premium channel
It is important you are:
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- Ideally, approx 2-5 years/experience in sales/business development/relationship manager role (this is a guide!)
- You know your stuff and have worked in financial services
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in sales and looking to push your career
- Worked with a complex lending product is a bonus
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package, uncapped monthly bonus and realistic (but not easy) targets
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays